Ms Curvaceous UK is proud to be raising funds and awareness for the B-eat Charity.
Beat is a national charity based in the UK. They provide information, help and support to people affected by eating disorders.
Beat’s vision is that eating disorders will be beaten
Beat’s aims are:
- To change the way everyone thinks and talks about eating disorders
- To improve the way services and treatment are provided
- And to help anyone believe that their eating disorder can be beaten
They do this by:
- Challenging the stereotypes and stigma that people with eating disorders face
- Campaigning for better services and treatment
- Providing information, support and encouragement to seek treatment and recovery
We are working with Beat because we feel strongly about beating eating disorders in our communities. We have recognised the impact the fashion industry and the media has on those affected.
Today society has created an unobtainable ideal, increasing the rate that females aspire to be or behave in the way they see. This has resulted in many health risks amongst the public as it has fuelled illnesses such as eating disorders. Ms Curvaceous UK aims to be a part of changing this by giving curvaceous individuals from all walks of life the opportunity to become positive and projective role models.
Eating disorders are often a result of a lack of confidence in how you look. With a more diverse selection of positive role models in the media and the fashion industry we can slowly rebuild confidence in millions of people.
It is important to acknowledge and support groups who deal with the dangerous after effects of low self-esteem and lack of confidence in one’s appearance. So far Ms Curvaceous UK has raised both funds and awareness for B-eat Charity. Ms Curvaceous UK aims to raise £20,000 to help B-Eat boost confidence in plus size women throughout the 2014/15 campaign.
You can support us in raising funds with a donation. Click here to help us make a difference.